HybridZ

My First Post Here. I Want To Build A V8 240z for under $10

Guest Power_Slave

Guest bojo68

Well, I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't fun, or that I haven't done it for that matter. Personally, I really enjoy driving sideways more than I do forward or backward, as long as I have it under control. Maybe I should add that I have a mustang that is extremely directionally unstable with even a third gear roll on if the tires are inflated to spec. It's scary, it's also traction limited unreal. I beat a similar car in the rain just after the bars closed, and I was driving a 1967 1 ton truck weighing 4 tons with a stock 300 6. He kept getting into the throttle and spinning out sideways, and I kept going on my 8.00x19.5 tires.

Anyhow, last time I really enjoyed driving sideways was in of all things a 78 Oldsmobile Delta 88 coupe, In it I could put the rear end in the outside lane, the front end in the inside lane with the wheel nearly at right lock and drive straight indefinitely. It started life as a diesel, when that scattered it ended up in my hands with a old fashioned high compression 455 in it, and was FUN!:) 2.47 rear gears and all.

Most of the v8z videos I've paid much attention to were guys getting into it, getting sideways with other traffic in the area. Not my idea of very bright. I saw one where a guy refused to get out of the throttle, went off the track, and hit the cameraman.

I will admit to being a bit anal probably about safety, I had to go to a friends funeral awhile back because of a lack of it, and haven't been the same since. The worst part is that while we never said anything to him, neither of us would ride with him anymore. Then him and his car end up as a horseshoe around a tree. Makes a guy feel a little guilty.

Bye the way, if it hadn't been for the recently installed turbo on his car, he'd still be here today, it wouldn't have been able to do what it did.

That said, am I putting a turbo or two on mine, sure gonna try:)