HybridZ

fan/defroster not working!!??

Guest NorCalZ

Guest NorCalZ

whats up everyone, where is the first place i should check because I put in a new MSA fuse box and all that shit so the fuse is good and no air blows when the fan is turned on. Where should I look, what do you think has gone wrong? thanks all in advance.

I had the same problem the other day, accidently I hit the out side of the switch housing with a hot wire and low and behold the darn thing started blowing. I don't understaned HOW it did but Im not complaining, the only problem is the hot wire is a dash light wire sooo, you guessed it the lights have to be on for the blower to work. I'll wire it correctly later.

So shoot a hot wire to the switch housing (have a fuse in the hot wire) and see if the fans starts spinning.

ds

this is a 240Z BTW

Guest NorCalZ

thanks a lot for the reply, I will try that. Someone jacked the stereo before I bought the car so I figured it could be a wire running around in the car. Especialy because a few lights went out in the dash. I have a 240z also. Thanks again. Mike