HybridZ

reaction research 280yz flares

majik16106

I was just wondering what wheel sizes and offsets you guys were using with these flares, i didnt want to use them originally, but i spent some time with cleve's car today, the purple one from sez3, and i decided i really like them and they may be the way for me to go. I thought I saw someone using a 12inch wide wheel with them, and if they use 5 inch of back spacing thats 7inches that goes outward, which would be the same for my 17x11 with a 4 inch backspacing...

16x12 with 5 inch backspacing is planned. 18x12 with 5 inch back spacing are on Ted Fisher's car on the Reaction Research website. Are there pictures of the Cleve's car you are talking about? Remember you would have 1 1/2 inches offset which might not make for optimum handling and steering effort but it sounds like you are already using these wheels.

gnose4.jpg

This is cleve's car. I know its not optimum, but my Z is really a street car, its not made to be a race car. Form doesnt proceed function really on my car, however, when style can be added to a large degree with a minumum performance disadvantage.. ill take it, ill buy smaller lighter wheels for the track.