HybridZ

O2 sensor

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I finally got a new one installed on my 83T harness in my 78. My idle is slightly lumpy with it, but I did get improved gas mileage (from approximately 16 or 17mph to 20-21mpg) I notice a distinct idle improvement when I disconnect it, and after 10 seconds of reconnecting it the idle goes slightly lumpy again. I know there have been some other people that had a similar problem on their swaps too. Does anyone know what causes this?

Guest bastaad525

I have the EXACT same problem... The idle is lumpier and what slight misfire that the car still has is worse with the 02 connected. However, I didn't really notice if my mpg's had gotten any worse since disconnecting it... I've been resetting my trip odometer and keeping track of mileage and the only thing that seems to have any noticeable effect on it is how often I'm boosting :) Well I'm glad you said this though that lumpy idle was making me assume my current O2 is bad, obviously a new one will not solve the problem. Other than that I couldn't really tell if the car was driving any better with it connected or not but I want a smoother idle so I left the O2 disconnected. I also find my car transitions off idle and picks up better after a shift if I leave my TPS disconnected....

Guest bastaad525

yeah and from what I understand their supposed to... which baffles me. You're talking about just at idle right? As far as I can tell the TPS should ONLY effect idle. That's all it effected for me... when I first disconnected the idle got lumpy but then after driving it for a while it was fine with it disconnected. All disconnecting the TPS does is cause the car to run a tad richer at idle.