HybridZ

Finished product....

Guest 240hybrid

Guest 240hybrid

V8Zracer, you can take a look at the car back together at my webpage that is posted by my sig. I'm still putting the interior panels back in and will have pics of the interior soon too.

A WR blue, I have seen what your talking about datsunATX. Post some pics when you get your Z painted. I always like looking at new paint.

did i hear l28et? lookin good. dont tell me first time paint job?
Yeah you heard right, the L28et was supposed to be on the dyno last week for tuning, but patience is a virtue. :o I'll be installing it soon enough. hehe. I'm sure hearing that this was the first time I ever painted a car made some people sick too, but only hard work, and dedication, make for such a great outcome.
Did you seal it with anything, before you shot the paint?

yeah, I coated the car with "finish-tec" 2k acrylic primer for the 1st coat, then wetsanded everything with 320 and then 500 grit paper. The store I got my paint at no longer carried the Finish-tec primer when I was ready for my 2nd coat, so I used "5 star" acrylic primer surfacer for the 2nd coat, and wetsanded it with 500 and then 600 grit to get it all smooth. The 5 star brand is cheaper than the finish tec product, and sanded easier than the Finsih-tec also. I would recommend the Finish-tec 2k surfacer myself, cause it seemed more rugged and tougher than the 5 star brand. Then came the color coats. I'm just glad the weather stayed good for the week it took me to do it, or I would have been screwed with everything set up in the driveway.

My father and brother told me it looks like Corvette "torch red".

Thanks for the positive feedback, glad you guys enjoyed it. Chase