HybridZ

got my donor cars debating

Guest zx racer

Guest zx racer

I went last thursday and paid for my two cars. A total score at 150 for a turbo car and a 79 coupe. The turbo car is a 3/83 280zx 2+2 5 speed car. I recently went through and resurfaced my flywheel and replaced my factory clutch in my 83 n/a with a centerforce d/f for the price of a stage II at the expense of MSA because they didn't have a stage II in stock. I was considdering putting my flywheel, clutch, pressureplate, throwout bering onto the turbo engine before installing. Upon closer inspection i found that the turbo car is missing a starter, battery and radio. The 79 coupe is missing the front windshield. The interior is in good shape except for the dash. The windshield was removed by the previous owner last week. I am considering the following scenerios: a. fix the turbo car sale it and buy another turbo engine (some guys in the zcar forumn said this was a rare combo for a turbo car) b. transplant the engine trans and wiring into my 83 which needs to be reclipped on the front from an accident that the previous owner had(the car has some electrical gremlins that i am having trouble finding) ps. i got the front half of a 10th aniversary edition that had a severly bent frame on the rear from a crash and can easily reclip the car (time time and more time) or c. go all out use the 79 non turbo coupe w/o t tops for weight reasons throw a windshield in it put the turbo engine and wiring into it put the fenders and lower valence that i got from the 10th aniversary edition and use the 10th aniversary decklid on the car also because it is severly rusted through due to the louvers that used to be on it. If i do a. or c. i plan to use the head off of the 79 on the 83 engine to get a high compression engine and put that in the 83 coupe that i have with a headder cam etc. No clue as to what direction i am going to be headed.

z u l8er

eric

ps. i found a driveshaft for a little of nothing.