HybridZ

Where can I get wheatherstripping without the chrome channel

Guest Paul Johnson

Guest Paul Johnson

I want to put some wheatherstripping in the front and rear windows of my 1973 240z but I can't find any. Does anyone know where I can go to find it. Thanks, Paul

Guest 240hybrid

MSA.... http://www.zcarparts.com sells the weather stripping for the front and rear window. It's not too cheap from MSA, and looking around ebay, and any other place that list classifieds is a good idea. I got every window seal for my 240 (front, rear, and 1/4 glass) for only $90 after shipping, and they are a precision kit brand. Just the front windshield seal from MSA cost about $75 :? . The seals don't come with the stainless steel trim, that is seperate, but you can take a razor or sharp putty knife and remove the small ridges/flaps that retain the stainless trim. I have a how to restore book that says do it this way if not using the trim. When I removed the glass for paint, I used a 1" putty knife and just pushed it along, cutting the small flaps that hold the trim in place without a problem at all. I would think cutting the flaps off would be easier after the glass is installed. Installing the glass was a PITA, and my fingers were very cramped after rolling the welting back over the edge/flange to seal and secure it to the car. You'll find out what I mean soon enough.