HybridZ

Got Megasquirt running!!!

jkube

I finally got my car to run on megasuirt last night.

There was a little frustration at first when it didnt fire immediately. I thought the problem was that I had used the + coil connection to trigger the ECU. So I switched to the - side of the coil and the car started immediately but only on 1 cylinder.

What I forgot to do was have the injectors checked before installing them. They came with the 280zx intake manifold that I bought used from the junk yard.

So after tapping them "Gently" with a hammer they all began to work. Then the car flooded itself. Of course...because I had set the injection time to dump way too much fuel in the engine.

I disconnected the megasquirt completely and turned over the engine on the starter. Much to my surprise the engine fired and ran for a couple of minutes!!!

When I plugged the Megasquirt back in the engine started imediately and idled very well.

Now I am ready to go and fine tune the engine. I'll post some pics after I get things tidied up a bit.

72 240z c/w 2.8 N/A, headers, racer brown 325 cam, ZX dizzy, 5 speed, Retrofit LSD 3.54 ratio, **NEW- EFI setup with 280zx N/A intake and injectors***

Update on my Megasquirt install.

I'm having troubles with the ECU resetting on the clock. It keeps shutting down when I give the the slightest hint of acceleration.

I've tried the shielded line from coil (-) to the tach input of the relay board, changed the "ED" cap value, installed the "Dave" cap, rerouted the XG1 to X11 to seprate ground. etc, etc etc. But no luck the ECU is resetting like crazy.

Thoughts are now to ways of isolating the ECU tach wire from the coil ignition line because the beleif is that there is such a high voltage ignition spike coming back through the line that its tripping the ECU.

I'm going to try the HEI setup and also a new circuit design just created by Perry Harrington.

Has anybody gone through this yet ??. Please drop me a line with your experiences on this.

72 240z with 2.8 N/A, 82 dizzy, 82 FI intake, MSD blaster 2 coil. Megasquirt Ver 2.2