HybridZ

HELP: I/C installer reluctant to remove fan/radiator 4hose?

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

My installer, now having an understanding of how to do a CAF/CAI (thanks to replies on earlier post on this list which I forwarded to him!), now seems betwixed in trying to stick with the stock radiator fan while getting the I/C hoses around it. I told him the previous NPR owner warned me I'd have to replace the fan unit with a smaller one so the plumbing can get by...now it seems the installer doesn't want to do that, for whatever reason (he said "I want to keep it with as much OEM s--- as possible). I know anyone replying is doing so semi-blind, but if you've seen a 280ZXT or similar, what do people do if they've not replaced the fan, moved radiators, etc?

I turned the output of my turbo downwards and ran a 2" IC tube under the oilpan and up behind the alternator. Then I removed the charcol canister and ran it out the big hole in the radiator support (passenger side). Then to the IC and back into the engine compartment through the big hole in the radiator support on the driver side. I also relocated the AFM in front of the radiator. I plan on relcating my AFM into the trash once I install a new EFI system. It worked very well and I didn't need to mess with the fan or fan shoud. My car put down 235 hp at the wheels on a dyno using completely stock 1976 NA efi system and a FMU for fuel enrichment and 12 psi of boost.

I also used a K&N filter on the end of the AFM that had a small elbow built into the filter which allowed me to space the filter off the IC and angle it down a little to prevent water ingestion.