HybridZ

Megasquirt install update news

jkube

If youve been reading my posts about my recent problems with my Megasuirt ECU resetting, I just wanted to post some new developments.

I read on an SDS web site that that Taylor" wires cannot be used with their system. Apparently thse wires create too much EMI/EMC noise and interferes with a clean signal to the ECU.

So I thought that might be my problem because that's the wire type I have on my car.

Sure enough when I changed the wires to an old set I had. The ECU reset problems all but dissapeared. I still noticed ECU resetting at much higher RPMs but at least now I know for sure what I must do.

So if you guys are noticing that your Megasquirt appears to be shutting down momentarily, take a close look at what type of wires you have.

I'm told that NGK or Nology wires are most recomended for this kind of install.

Magnecore. Try them. They developed some of the technology that is used in the new Nology wires (old ones were very much like the Taylors you had). You're gonna want an RFI (I hope that's the term) suppressed wire which won't cause the interference the Taylors did. Magnecore actually has an excellent explanation of this on their website.

I've heard the new Nology wires are pretty good, but they are super expensive.