HybridZ

Fuel Cell - Need sending unit for gauge

Guest 3ftyZ

I purchased a 240z that had a fuel cell installed but did not have a sending unit for a fuel level gauge. I currently do not have a gas gauge except for a stick to see how much is left. Unfortunately I am not sure of the actual volume of the tank or the manufacturer. My question is: How can I intall a sending unit? I do not have a gauge so I am willling to buy the gauge to coordinate with the sending unit. One problem that I can foresee is the fact that I have a 'sponge' in the tank to prevent sloshing. Will this 'sponge' prevent any movement of the sending unit lever? I am really stumped on this one. Please let me know if any of you experts have installed fuel cells and adapted sending units.

Thanks,

3ftyZ

You will have to do some work here to make this work. Depending on your cell and it's top plate you will have to drill holes in the top plate of your cell to do this install, cut the internal foam and cut the sender to fit.

ATL sells a sender that will work with GM and Ford gauges.