HybridZ

Dashboard speakers

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what the size of the dashboard mounted speakers are on 280ZX or ZXT's, 79-83? I don't suppose anything larger would fit, would it?

More like 3.75 or somewhere close to there. One is easy to get to and its right above the glove box.

The othere is a PITA to get to and take out. It can be done though.

Guest jjohart

Yeah, 3.5 sounds about right...6 is the rear seat speakers (at least in my 2 + 2), I've already changed them out. My thinking is the rears sound so much better than the front that I ought to do something in the main field in front of me. I think doing component (tweeter and woofer) in the door panels is more promising than messing with the tiny dashboard speakers, especially with an outboard amp. Has anyone else done this? What size mid-bass/woofer did you use, I'm being told no more than 5 1/2 and that I'll lose my map pockets? Anyone done likewise?

The speakers are 3.5 or 4 inch speakers. You need to take the dash out to replace the speaker in the middle of the dash. The speakers are screwed

on to the metal frame w/ a bracket. the only way you can get bigger speakers in the dash is take out the dash and to take out the little brackets that you screw into and move them to the size you want you need to use

a welder and you have to be careful not to reck the dash inner frame. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DeeDee

The speakers are 3.5 or 4 inch speakers. You need to take the dash out to replace the speaker in the middle of the dash. The speakers are screwed

on to the metal frame w/ a bracket. The only way you can get bigger speakers in the dash is take out the dash and to take out the little brackets that you screw into and move them to the size you want you need to use

a welder and you have to be careful not to reck the dash inner frame. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DeeDee