HybridZ

Burning out head lights

Cjarloz

ok here is the situation. earlier this week i start loosing fuses. the one specific to running lights and guage lights. ok i buy new fuse box with new style fuses. replace . also i get alternator (new) and voltage regulator(new) replaced as well. heres the great part i burnout my head lights and everything else works fine. Why? am i burning head lights. any immediate knowledge would help greatly.

Carlos

I don't know why you're burning out your headlights but if you want to do a quick fix solution just chop off the harnesses to the headlights and wire them up directly to the battery using relays and switches. I did this after having a problem where all the other lights would work well except the headlights which were too dim. Just an idea...

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I had a simular problem on a charger years back. I kept blowing everything, including alts. In searching for the problem, I found the ground wire from body to trans was left off by the PO. I connected it back up and everything was fine. I also had simular probs on a Ford truck, again, bad body to frame grounds. It sounds like to me that you may have some ground probs, and are backfeeding some systems. One time my trailer pigtail was corroded from salty snow. Boy did I ever have some strange probs.