HybridZ

Details of oil pan removal?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Just trying to get an idea of what is involved in pulling an oil pan from a 280zxt motor installed in a 240z. Tim240z is gonna help me out to replace my pan and gasket... hopefully this weekend... damn guy that has my good pan is basically holding it hostage!!!! Been almost a month now I haven't been driving the car over something so seemingly trivial :cry:

Tim did tell me we were going to be lifting the engine up to do it, as opposed to I guess moving the roll bar or whatever it is down there that's in the way. What I want to know is how far must the engine come out to get to the pan? What all will have to be disconnected/removed? Are we talking serious work like removing one or both manifolds, throttle linkage, motor mounts, etc? Or is just unbolting the mounts enough? I know I'm gonna find out either way once I get my car to Tims place... but I'm bored sitting here so thought I'd try to get some info in the meantime, just to know what I'm in for.