HybridZ

Just wanted to share, got my car back from a dyno tune

Guest woodyhooten
Thanks guys... Rotorbust I live in Pacific Beach and work in Miramar... Grumpy' date=' thanks for the opinions... you still the man :D

Woodyhooten, I was having some problems before. Everything came together smoothly and it started and ran but I just didn't want to tune everything myself. Ignition timing, advance, jets... it seems simple but all those millions of adjustments would just strain me. I tried a couple of different jets with meager success so I knew I would have to tune the ignition and I thought what the hell, might as well let somebody who knows tune it and get some dyno runs in at the same time. Before the tune the car ran great, idled fine and pulled hard, but I had to tip into the gas and ease it up to WOT... A quick, deep stab and the ignition couldn't cope with the secondaries and it would hesitate and backfire.

Driving the car to work tomorrow... I can't wait :D[/quote']

I see, I know what you mean about the strain. That's cool that it's all working now. How did the drive go today?

It was yesterday... Went great :D The thought that kept popping into my head was "this car is an animal!"

Are you having any issues with your swap or is everything going OK? Good luck with that first startup, mine was the first on a fresh motor so everything was unknown. Will it run? Who knows! Fortunately, everything worked out and I broke it in without too much trouble. 8)

Guest woodyhooten
It was yesterday... Went great :D The thought that kept popping into my head was "this car is an animal!"

Are you having any issues with your swap or is everything going OK? Good luck with that first startup' date=' mine was the first on a fresh motor so everything was unknown. Will it run? Who knows! Fortunately, everything worked out and I broke it in without too much trouble. 8)[/quote']

Wow, the car sounds great, any mods in its future?

I actually, I just ran into a pretty big problem...

I got my transmission ready to bolt up and the bellhousing didn't fit :cuss:. I was sent a Mustang T5 transmission (pics showed Camaro T5, the seller just didn't have the right pics and apparently never even had a Camaro T5). So I'm re-ebaying the tranny and have to find a Camaro T5 before my engine can go in. I'm not too worried about getting what I paid for the transmission, it just sets me back a few weeks (or however long it takes me to find what I need). Hopefully I'll be able to sort things out reasonably quickly and this won't prove to be much of a setback.

That's what's goin on with my swap, I hope to be in mine thinking "this car is an animal!" before too long. Any help would be appreciated (especially finding a good price on a T5 world class). Well, that's enough from me. thanks for the help (even though this isn't my thread :oops: )