HybridZ

M90 supercharger....

Mack

o.k., so I am at my local Ecology auto parts yard yesterday getting some essentials, like free 440cc injectors (pocket size) and I see a ford TB supercoupe. its pretty complete, I dont have much time, so I get the intercooler, which they had no idea what it was so, they charged me the 12.95 for a heater core, SCORE! now, I may be going back for the supercharger. especially if I can get it for cheap! "uhm, yeah, its an air pump..." or sprinkle some coolant in and out of the holes "uhm, yeah, is a water pump.....;" yeah, its dishonest and what not, but, hey, they get the cars virtually for free and charge you for evcerything ....

anyway back to the point.... I;ve got an F54/P79 with little over 100K on it. its in my 1980 280zx. has anyone done this?? My PS doesnt work anyway, and I live in AZ, so I'd much rather have AC than PS. I can make a custom bracket, and I already have an IC! I also have an infiniti M30 injection set up, and possible some 370cc injectors on the way. I read that in some previous posts that the M90 will put out 14psi spinning at 7000rpm when the car is turning 5000rpm. sounds about right! i also found a site that said the parasiticc HP loss to turn it at 7,000rpm would be a lil under 20hp. thats not bad, especially considering the throttle response. thought, comments, questions>

McAdam

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I think it will be the only M90 waterpump-charged 280zx :D

If they have any more waterpumps like that, let me know, I might buy one from you :wink:

I have been waiting to see how a supercharged setup would turn out, I think it will work pretty well, especially with an M90. Sounds like a project!

meh, I decided to pass on the deal. the car had 230,000 on it, was a five speed and the super was coated with oil all over the inside. that and they wanted like $175. for something that may or may not need to be rebuilt, I'm gonna have to say pass. But I did snag the intercooler out of the car (also full of oil, lol) and an Audi 5000 external wastegate. Now, at the OTHER U pull It around here, a 280ZX turbo just turned up. Also have a T bird super coupe. MMmmmm 60-1 turbo.

Quick question, how will a turbo like a 256 degree cam? I see that when turbos go for big HP they usually like to go bigger cams. I picked up a stock "C" 260Z cam for peanuts........

McAdam

meh, I decided to pass on the deal. the car had 230,000 on it, was a five speed and the super was coated with oil all over the inside. that and they wanted like $175. for something that may or may not need to be rebuilt, I'm gonna have to say pass. But I did snag the intercooler out of the car (also full of oil, lol) and an Audi 5000 external wastegate. Now, at the OTHER U pull It around here, a 280ZX turbo just turned up. Also have a T bird super coupe. MMmmmm 60-1 turbo.

Quick question, how will a turbo like a 256 degree cam? I see that when turbos go for big HP they usually like to go bigger cams. I picked up a stock "C" 260Z cam for peanuts........

McAdam