HybridZ

Ford Members Check-In

Guest buschj

oh and the actual mounts themselves are 1965 mustang -- these use a flat rubber bottom and a single stud so are easy to make a mount for as all you need is flat steel-

there are 2 types of this mount - one uses a long bolt and runs thru it -- this is later 1966

early 66 and 1965 all use a stud in the mount instead of a bolt--

oh and steering is one additional u-joint and a heim mounted off the x-member to relocate it away for the oil filter and header clearance- the engine fits Very well and far back -

but i still run a relocated oil filter for clearance--

Guest Steve-Z

I'm a new memeber and will be building up my car in the months to come. Ive ownd Z-cars since 1976 and still own a 1972 240Z Fairlady RHD and my 1972 240Z project car, which I would like to drive on the street and run events at places like Thunderhill and Button Willow.

1972 240 auto - soon to made mucho faster

1991 Ford 5.0 with T5 and a carb setup

Short serpintine belt setup with a pass side alternator

Alsil's front crossmember and some kind of trans crossmember

Shorty headers with 2 1/2 in header pipes into 3 in exhaust pipe

R-200 LSD with an unknown ratio

Dan Oldenberg coil-overs with camber plates and Tokico 5-ways

Larger stock front sway bar with a Dan Oldenberg rear sway bar

Heim adjustable front and rear lower control arms

4 point bolt in roll bar - with future change to a real cage setup

Some kind of sub-frame connectors

Alum radiator with electric fan

Some sort of road race type seat and five point harnesses

• 3 weeks later...
1972 240Z' date=' with a 91 Mustang 5.0 HO, with EFI, and a T5. . . I haven't figured out exhaust yet. You can see the stock Mustang headers in the photos, but they're just sitting loosely so I don't fry my wiring harness when I fire it up. They don't exactly clear everything. :roll:

I'm working on a clutch slave cylinder now. Then I have to get a drive shaft made. Then I have to do something about exhaust. After installing the radiator (280Z) and dual electric fans, it should be driveable, though I won't have any gauges.[/quote']

I've been busy. I got the clutch actuation figured out (Wilwood 1" MC with a Datsun truck slave), had a drive shaft made, installed the 280Z radiator and fans from an MR-2, installed a Crown Vic (normal rotation) water pump, very short serpentine belt (5 groove instead of 6, because the Crown Vic pulley had a different offset than the Mustang pulley), cut and rewelded the passenger side header to clear the frame rail, took it to an exhaust shop and had a 2.5inch 2 into 1 system fabricated (sounds good with a turbo muffler!), and I just put hood pins in (what a pain in the butt that was).

Now it runs, drives, and seems reliable! It's the fastest car I've ever driven! What a laugh-riot! I find myself doing the evil laugh when accelerating out of corners. :twisted:

Today I ordered an air dam from Motorsport. When I get that the car goes to the paint shop. I want it deep glossy black with two white racing stripes.

Next is all the gauges... anyone have a 280 tach?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 305240

My 72 240 was purchased as a parts car. The car was basically stripped. I got another 76 for parts. My first brainstorm was to drop a 305 into it, but I picked up an 81 302/C-4 for 50 bucks. The body is pretty much rust free. It has fender flairs already installed and a sun/moon roof. The 280 gave me almost the whole interior, and brake system as the 240 didn't have any. I'm slowly getting the parts I need to put it on the road. I'll be running the R180 for right now, but want the R200. I also have to custom wire the whole thing, no big deal. The 280 gave me a tach along with a bunch of other stuff. So far I have about 300 bucks tied up into it. The 240 come with a set of wide 14" turbine wheels that I want to keep. I'm definatly going with side pipes. When watching the show called "Pimp my ride", I saw an tangeyello orange pearl paint on an 85 ranger I fell in love with. I think I'll have to get my wife a second job so I can get it on the road this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bobs302z
carbed 302' date='268 extreme energy comp cam ,351 heads

1" lowering suspension teck springs

energy susp bushings

autometer guages

t5 steeda shifter

cv half shafts

mm adapters 1 1/2 , 225/45/17s ,federal tires

line lock , rear 280zx disks, toyota front calipers

[img']http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=2&pos=7[/img]

modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=3&pos=5

having nothing but fun with my car!!!!