HybridZ

VQ30DET into S30

rp975

:?::? I was wondering if anyone has any info on installing the VQ30DET into an early Z car? I was thinking that this might be good because it is a newer Nissan engine, apparently it is all alloy and has a timing chain instead of a belt. I'm not sure how wide it is or what transmissions are available for them?

Also if they are a 6 cyl version of the VQ45 V8 , which I have seen a photo of in an early Z, if so it is fairly wide.

If anyone can help with some info that would be great.

Robert

you mean VG30DETT or VG30ET?

unless im just dumb and or never knew about a VG30DET here in the states.

EDIT i see your not in the States..

not sure on the DET, but its been done with a VG30ET from a USDM Z31 300zx.

mike

Hi Robert, there was post about VQ35de in early Z while ago, and there was few ideas until someone posted that this engine is too tall for S30 engine bay.You can search this or high thech board for more info.

• 1 month later...
:?::? I was wondering if anyone has any info on installing the VQ30DET into an early Z car? I was thinking that this might be good because it is a newer Nissan engine' date=' apparently it is all alloy and has a timing chain instead of a belt. I'm not sure how wide it is or what transmissions are available for them?

Also if they are a 6 cyl version of the VQ45 V8 , which I have seen a photo of in an early Z, if so it is fairly wide.

If anyone can help with some info that would be great.

Robert[/quote']

The only transmission that would have a chance bolt to it that I know of would be 350z trans and 2001+ (3.5L) pathfinder trans. Doubt anyone has done it yet do to the fact they VQ30det is not sold in the states and must be imported special. I'd just go with the VQ35de and get the whole drive train.

I had a VG30ET in my Datsun 510 and was considering a VQ35, but I then got the V8 Z bug. ;) A friend just finished putting a VG30DETT into his 510 and the 510 engine compartment is much smaller than a Z, as there's no way a SBC will fit w/o cutting stuff up. Anything is possible with enough time and money! :shock:

• 4 weeks later...