HybridZ

Lets hear it for not searching!

baddriver

No one loves the search function more than I do. I've solved numerous problems and learned volumes of stuff by typing in a few key words and reading up on the dozens of posts on any given topic available here. But I also think that the value of posting new and repeat topics is highly underated.

I visit this board a couple times a week, and in the two years that I have been doing so, I have learned far more about Z's and cars in general by reading up on the ongoing discussions that appear every day. The problem with searching is that it's tough to know what you don't know, if you know what I mean.

Searching would have taught me nothing about things like water injection, megasquirt, power steering conversions, and aerodynamics, simply because I never would have thought to search for those things. But when they come up, I read up on them and always learn something new!

The on-going discussion that this forum carries is the reason I come back here on a regular basis, rather than just when there is something wrong with the Z. Sure it makes the database huge, and repeat questions get old quickly, but the conversation is educational and entertaining, and this site would be a lot less friendly without it. As has been said, there are no stupid questions, but there are dozens that leave me thinking 'why didn't I ask that?'

Hooray for noobs w/silly questions!