HybridZ

l28et piston ring land specs (In dire need)

spork

I tried search but it must still be down. I'm trying to have custom pistons made from venolia but they need to know what the ringland specs need to be on my pistons. How tall/deep to cut each of the 3 ring grooves. I tried measuring my old pistons but they aren't near round enough to get a good measurement (atleast not one I'm willing to wager $5-600 on if you know what I mean). Please let me know if you have the specs that I need. I can't get anyone to give me a straight answer. Also, if you have the specs, could you let me know where you got them, because once again, I don't want to have 6 expensive paper weights.

Please help me as they already lost my order once and that was 4 weeks ago. I expected my pistons to be done at the end of this week. I called to verify status, and they were clueless...so now I've got another 4 weeks to wait! Please help!

James

From the '77 factory service manual for the l28:

• Ring groove width mm (in)

Top...............................2.0 (0.079)
    Second...........................2.0 (0.079)
    Oil..................................4.0(0.157)

Hope that helps.

that didn't give a depth, did it? Just found out the complete specs.

The top ring is 1.5mm thick and .150 deep

The middle ring is 2.0mm thick and .155 deep

The bottom ring is 4mm thick and .130 deep

the turbo pistons have a thinner top ring than the n/a pistons..atleast I know my top ring groove is thinner than the second ring groove so I assume it/s a naturally aspirated/turbo difference.