HybridZ

Need a little help with my head...

Guest ZofDoom

Guest ZofDoom

Okay so I have 75 280 motor in my 73 240Z, the head definetly needs a rebuild but ain't dead yet. What I'm thinking is find a head to rebuild while I'm still driving, question is what head? I don't want to go to hard core and change my compression to a 10.5.1 or somthing but I would like to get better performance. So what would you Gurus out there advise?

:twisted:

Since you have a 280z block in there that means that you have a N42 head (I think). What I have heard is that Performance wise, I've heard good things about the N42, P79 and P90 heads. Since you have dished pistons in your block and you don't want to do anything to alter comp. ratio, I say go with the N42. It would probably be the easiest since you don't have to mill anything or change pistons to get a desirable compression ratio.

Guest ZofDoom

So then what your sudjesting is that I go with the stock head? I was hoping for somthing that might give me a little better flow or cam or even a tad bit of compression but if thats the best bet then well...cool! Let me ask this, are there any groovy head gaskets out there that help performance? and I was thinking about porting the head to match the intake and exhaust gaskets, nothing too much just some smoothing out.

What do you think? :?:

Current Specs: 73 240Z body, with 75 280 motor. Header, dual webber carbs, sport exhaust. 5 speed ZX tranny, center force clutch, R200 readend. toyota 4x4 calipers front with SS lines. :twisted: