HybridZ

Different views with different browsers

jhaag

Two problems

This morning (3/22) when I clicked on the link in a "Topic Reply Notification" email I received, (I was using Netscape 7.1 mail), I was taken to the thread on Donations to the site. I'm guessing that is because last week I mentioned on the site that I sent a Paypal donation ($100) and that I was hoping someone would buy my R200 so I could donate the $ (hopefully also $100) to the site.

Anyway, when I clicked on the link this morning I read the new messages in that section. I then clicked on Forums, the first forum (Chevy) had messages from today (3/22) listed. However when I signed out of Netscape and used my regular browser (Internet Explorer), when I went to the same Chevy forum, the latest message posted was 3/19.

I had another problem on 3/22 in that when I "tripped" over the "new messages" section (I never noticed it before), I found there were 5-6 messages from three people responding to my R200 offer. However, I only received email (using my normal Netscape 7.1) from two people who were different from the three who left messages for me on the site. I composed a very apologetic message to the three people explaining that I didn't know about this feature. Perhaps you can find my message - I sent it on 3/20 to the three people. I realize this problem is probably due more to my not being familiar with the changes in the new site but I thought I'd let you know in case there is more to it than that.

Thanks!

John Haag