HybridZ

A little experiment... and a test of willpower ;)

Guest bastaad525

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
One more thing: Shift early if you are going for milage. Don't go over 3000 rpm. I found that I can still accelerate comfortably if I keep it below 2500 rpm.

Advice is not going to be that specific. What is applicable for one setup is not going to work for all setups. In my Prelude, for example, I would get horrible mileage if I followed that. I shift at about 5500+ every shift. If I shift lower than that then I am wasting gas because it is too low in the torque band. When you shift you want to end the shift in the next gear close to the torque peak. I would imagine that in turbo cars you are going to want to know what the torque peak is for the engine with no boost as the boost torque range is almost an entirely new torque band since you are effectively changing the displacement of the engine.

quicker240, dumping that extra gas doesnt do anything but waste your money. Your engine can only burn so much fuel at a time. It's the same thing as when people make their AFM incredibly rich, they are actually making less power. Learning to get good mileage is an excellent way to make your car quicker as well (especially since it wont be filled with carbon deposits).