HybridZ

I got my car running well. Thoughts/feelings/FERRARI RACE i

Guest the_dj

It is a force to be reckoned with. It is like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. As a driver, I feel like I am sitting on a rocket ship waiting eagerly for my slightest command to lift off. As a passenger, I was honestly unable to lean forward under second gear pull. You pivot backwards on your butt so hard all you're able to do is lift your feet off the floor when you try to lean forward.

Also, the bump in compression from 9:1 to 10.5-11:1 area made my car sound even meaner along with the cam. At idle it is intimidating, and gets people to rev at me. After I rev, the jaws fall and people go holy crap, I think I'll pick a different import to pick on.

One guy, early 30's appearance in a Ferrari F355 Spider, after I complimented his VERY nice ride, said "What are you trying to do, you can't touch this car!" I was in shock, I tried to compliment someone and they had to be a smartass. :( I told him he best be ready to prove it. :cool: I shoved that rich prick's words right down his throat. He had soooooo many excuses at the end of the race (I beat him by about 1 car), including "you didn't win" and "my car is stock" and a bunch of others. I didn't argue back at him (run what you brung), but one point to note is I was granny shifting (to not miss a shift) and I didn't even chirp 2nd or 3rd! I also had a passenger and he was alone. IT WAS THE MOST FUN THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN A CAR :eek:

Sam

Guest livewire23

goodness gracious. Show those snobby rich folks. And for a LOT less $$$ too. Gotta love those "bolt-ons". Im guessing you've got a "bolt-on" V8 right? good kill.

What kind of motor are you running in that bad boy? cheers.gif

Way to keep your cool and take it to him man!!! When they get snobby just nicely JAM IT DOWN THEIR THROAT!!!! LMAO! You said it right dood....."run what ya brung!!!!!" rockon.gifrockon.gifrockon.gifrockon.gif

I can understand the excitement you're feeling... I'm home from college for the weekend and I re-timed my ignition and fixed some clunking in the rear end... Basically the car is drivable! All the gauges work and the majority of the work is done. Now comes bug-fixing for the next five years or so. I have about 20 miles on my engine and the only problem is recurring heat scares. My fan isn't wired up very well and I've had to pull over quite often and shut off the engine when it's getting up past 210 degrees. When the fan stays on and I'm cruising it usually stays at 180, but sometimes the connections come undone (totally rigged up wiring) and the fan turns off. I think if I turn the ignition down a few degrees it might help the motor run a little cooler... but anyway the point of this reply is to say that the engine feels awesome... it is I'm sure not even close to what you've got but the power is insane. I've only taken it to 4,000 RPM and not even touched half throttle but when you open up the butterflies, my car makes the most amazing sounds. I was at the Coronado Historical Races today and so driving my car around gave me all these images of the amazing V8 powered race cars. let me tell you.. when I get this motor broken in, get the ignition and the double pumper working right, and keep everything running cool.. it'll be a force to be reckoned with. Finally my dream has come true after a year!!

CONGRATS on spanking that Ferrari - what a prick! Why buy your speed off a showroom floor when you can build it for a tiny fraction as much and get SO much more respect. At least you showed him where his gall gets him - he knows he lost, fair and square. Your car sounds awesome!