HybridZ

Velo Rossa on Ebay

Guest pcc

I hate to do it, but family and work is eating up all my time and I see no end to it. I hate to see my kit sitting in the garage begging for attention. Here is an opportunity for anyone wanting to get a quick start on a VR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2472302658

My apologies if this is not the proper forum, but the old buy/sell forum is gone, replaced by classifieds.

Reserve is $5,000. Like I said in the description, this isn't a fire sale. I am losing a bit of money at that price. I started the auction at $2,500 in the hope of generating some excitement (e-bay's suggestion).

The only reason I've got it on the block is that it will have to sit for another year before my life calms down enough to begin. I'm working too many hours a day and have three young children to occupy my weekends (too young to help me in the garage yet :wink: ).

I bought the kit when it looked like it was going away. At that time, I had only two kids at home and plenty of free time. Shortly after it arrived, we discovered our third on the way and my job took off. It occupys a huge space in my garage and makes me want to cry every time I look at it. I hate to see it sit unappreciated.

How young are your kids. My son is 19 months and he loves the garage. I plop him in the seat and he drives while I tinker. He sometimes hands me tools which means he grabs a wrench and bangs it on anything really shiny, usually my new chrome wheels! I work 9-6 most days and 9-9 other days. I work most Saturdays and don't do the car Sundays. I certainly understand your dilemma. I have 3 and 1/2 years into this still probably have 1 more year to go. Still, I love the time I get to spend in the garage with my son. So, if it doesn't sell, take heart, it is a great project and a beautiful care. Keep the dream alive!

On another note. Any body looking for a killer project, this is it. My Velo Rossa is still very rought. The rear tub is black gel coat, front is white. But you should have seen all the cars keeping pace on the freeway trying to get a look when I towed it down here when we moved. People drool. John Washington has made a beauty in the VR. Just go for it. It is probably the cheapest kit you will ever find and probably the most eye catching.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...