HybridZ

UPDATE!! Running too hot, but not as much as I thought

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

What about this chin spoiler thing? I remember my 280zx came with something like that. I see a lot of mention of bad air turbulence on the 240s at speed, not allowing good airflow thru the radiator at speed. Never saw one of these things on a 240 though... apparently you can buy them though? Anyone got a picture of one of these on a 240? How much are they, and is it worth getting one?

Mine wasn't getting too hot at first either, took it about a month to start getting bad, then the flush got the temps back down for about a week. It would still make my 30 mile daily trip to work without getting over 3/4 of the guage until that last day before I pulled the rad when it pegged in less than 3 miles.

The chin spoiler does make a difference in some cars, I know a late model camaro will overheat without one. I used to have an 82 ZX that was missing the front spoiler though and had no problems other than feeling really scary above 100mph. The 240 could though, haven't had one of those yet =)