HybridZ

high boost

binsayer

i am planning on rebuilding 280zx engine i was wonedring if i wanted to put high boost on it what will i need. let say i upgrade the turbo and i want the best engine internals i can get something that can handl the pressure where can i find such a thing and i also know that i would be needng bigger injectors but what abotu the AFM what can you do to it is there a place that sell an AFM that can handle all that boost. what i have in mind is a 2.8 engine with the highest boost i can get but it would also be safe to be drived anytime. so what problems will i be looking at and what other parts need to be replaced so my main question is where to find the internals and gaskets for my engine

Before anyone can respond to this, we need to know what your HP and performance goals are. To some, 300hp is a high goal. To some 15psi is high boost and to me 30+psi is high boost. So, depending on what your goal is, engine internals might/might not be necessary or high boost might not be necessary to achieve it.

BTW, with a turbo car, running high boost has nothing to do with daily driveability.

Guest bastaad525

And running high boost has really nothing to do with the AFM. The only 'modification' that you really ever would need to do to the AFM is to adjust the spring tension to compensate for other mods you might do to get more fuel, something like increased fuel pressure or bigger injectors. Otherwise the stock AFM, and stock EFI in general, can handle quite a lot of boost with the right upgrades (bigger injectors, better fuel pump, adjustable pressure regulator, bigger fuel lines). The AFM itself, though restrictive to airflow because of it's flap design, is never really a limit in the EFI system... you'll definately run out of headroom with other components before the AFM ceases to be usable.