HybridZ

4.8 straight 6 nissan

binsayer

hi guys have you ever seen an engine like this before it comes on the nissan patrol it has 280 hp and torque is more than 320 you can check it out at http://www.nissan-me.com/patrol/patrol_specifications_station.htm

there is a garage that put a turbo on this engine and with only 5 psi of boost the engine came up with 400hp and tq about 450

http://www.gulfautomart.com/workshopnissanpatrol4.8.shtml

and by the way if you wana see a supercharged car with a twin turbo they are building it right now

Guest BigWhyteDude

Nice find very interesting, I wish they would ship that model to the states. :? I love the way they look. And the inlines 6's that come in them.

Andrew

you should try them then they drive better than they look. especialy off roading its the best SUV i ever driven and the engine is great it used to be a 4.5 but it wasnt as powerfull as the 4.8 ..i am gona try and see if it will fit or not its a huge engine but i hope it works.. i wont be dealing with it untill i finish my brothers car first then comes my project. what i also like it the gas tanks it has 2 big ones you can drive this SUV for 15 hours with out stopping

Guest BigWhyteDude

I take it you dont live in the states huh? Im gonna take a stab in the dark and guess your from the "land down under" :)

Andrew

you guessed wrong i was born and raised in kuwait but i have been in oregon for the past 6 years. we do have the patrol in left hand steering. but we do get some other cars that you wont find here. if you think the patrol is nice get ahold of the lumina SS a small 4 door sedan with an LS1 engine and yes rear wheel drive for less than 25,000$ you guys should ship some of these cars over here you can make alot of money. the good thing abotu those is they have the same price as a honda but who needs a honda when you have a 320 hp muscle car

yep but to sell more you dont want to name it commedor in the mid east since they love the caprice so we have them in lumina and caprice they come standerd and S and SS but there isnt a big different in price and hmm i guess you all know about gas prices over people always get the SS damn the gas price these days over here in oregon..you guys have no idea how much i learnd just by living here now i have all these crazy ideas about engine swaping in Z's and over there engines are so cheap in junk yards... you all should go to kuwait and check the junk yards heheheh its crazy you would see 2004 cars over there and you would find some clean stuff and the price is always right

WOW! I want one! anyone know where I can get one? of course, its gonna cost an arm and a leg, but, DAMN! thats like, what? about 290 cu in? hrmmm, RB26DETT who? 2JZGTTE who? lol! nice find, binsayer

McAdam

Patrols have always been way cool in my book. Right from the L28 powered ones in the 80's. I drive a 4500 over here in Georgia (Republic of, that is) Company truck - nice suspension - right up there with the Land Cruiser for soaking up really bad roads. I had a 2 door SD3.3 diesel in Baghdad last year - I imagine it's dust right about now...

Drop the 4.5 in the Z and boost it - Ride the torque curve baby!

Doug