HybridZ

NON Turbo - size Centerforce II/DF, strong enough?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

May be dropping my car off this week to drop the trans. I decided I'm not even gonna order the clutch until the tranny is out and the guy tells me if I need it or not. A couple last questions before I order anything though.

If I remember right, when I ordered my ACT, I was running the stock 280z or possibly ZX flywheel (non turbo, non 2+2). When we did the turbo swap and pulled the flywheel and clutch out, the flywheel looked GREAT, and anyways I've had it lightened and I dont really want to switch to a turbo flywheel if I dont have to. So if possible, I'd like to stick with a non turbo/2+2 clutch. Now the ACT clutch has had no problems holding the power I'm putting down, even in the smaller diameter. However I'm looking more at replacing it with a CF to save some cash and because of you guys' recommendations. Can I get away with the Centerforce II non-turbo? I know sleeperZ ran a CFII on his turbo setup at a similiar power level with no problems, but I assume that was the larger turbo size. This would be sweet if it would work as it's definately the cheapest option... the turbo one is $50 plus cost of a new flywheel and getting that new flywheel lightened.

If not, will the dual friction non turbo be enough?

Lastly... do any places sell pressure plates seperately? the reason I ask is because I'm still 99% sure that the ACT clutch material itself is still GREAT, it looked like new when we pulled it out. The only visible wear was on the pressure plate surface... can they be resurfaced? If not I think I could easily get away with just buying the pressure plate. But I have no idea where to get them... the shop that I bought this one from is out of business.