HybridZ

REAR ROLL PAN DONE..HAVE QUESTION ABOUT SATIN BLACK PAINT!!!

Guest 400HP280z

Guest 400HP280z

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-654

HERES A PIC OF THE REAR I DID. made it out of 3 sheets of 24ga steel. had to been and weld quite a bit, but it looks awesome i think. with updated lights (ovals) it will look more like a vette rear.

i took pics of the WHOLE process so if anyone wants them let me know.

i want to paint my car satin black. i want it to be LOWKEY. FOR THOSES THAT HAVE PAINTED A CAR SATIN BLACK, DID YOU USE AN AUTOMOTIVE BRAND PAINT OR RUSTOLIEUM FROM HOME DEPOT OR WHEREEVER? i looked at rustolieum and i think it will work great. i will be sparying it on (NOT using a roller.)

anyway whats the best way to go, not looking for a showcar finish, just want the Z one color.

Looks awsome! I have to admit, I had my doubts when I saw the cardboard mock-up, but the finished product looks totally bitchin :2thumbs: . The Vette tail lights are gonna look right at home in there. I posted a few weeks ago about the possibilities of using a dull black/gray coating like non stick cookware for a finish. One of the guys that replied had painted his car satin black with a roller. Yeah, roller. It looked really good too :shock: . I guess the general opinion is that rattle can paint jobs come out looking patchy and mottled, no matter how much time you put into it. I suppose if you painted with Rustoleum satin black, and then wet sanded the entire car down to around 1000 grit, it would make a fairly uniform satin finish. Hoprfully one of the paint gods will chime in with some more expertise. Again, awsome work on that roll pan.

Mike

Guest 400HP280z

thanks for the kind words. i didn't think i was going to get the curves right at fisrt either. fisrt time working with thin metal.

i was thinking of getting the corvette style rear from Dave at AZ Z cars. wife likes the light panel i made better. what do you guys think?

as far as the paint goes. i'm going to buy a gal of satin black and use a gun and compressor. not rattlecan.it even says on the back of the can that you can thin it out to spray it. its 20 bucks a gal for the rustolieum where as if i get satin black from the auto paint store its $113 a gal. big difference.

I didn't notice that you filled in the side clearance lights and the vents behind the quarter windows before, looks very clean. I like the look of a car with minimal surface detail, like a giant Hot Wheels car kind of. Makes you notice the car, rather than all the shiney Bling! Bling! attached to it. Again, awsome work :rockon:

Mike