HybridZ

Nice article in N.D.

brokebolt

In the April 23, 2004, issue number 13 of National Dragster, on page 74-76 written by Evan J. Smith is an excellent article in the "Racing Technology" section titled "Manifold Destiny-Part 1" it is about manifolds. He discusses many things, one thing I like is his discussion on resonance. This topic could be more in-depth but the point he makes is very important and valid for anyone running a "Cannon" manifold. I know this topic has been over done but I now have current independent sources that I can site to aid in the argument over the Cannon manifold issue. On the "long runner" manifolds, it is better suited for low end power. I believe most people think their tach reads 7000 RPM's redline they should buy a manifold that has best flow characteristics at that RPM. I beleive most poeple want "out of the hole power" not top-end performance. The Cannon manifold "can" help with this low end power issue. Also twin exhaust pipes help, run them all the way to the back of the car and Y-em' just before they exit the pipes. I have been preiching for years that if your a daily driver Z guy, the Cannon manifold is a good choice. Redline also makes a "Cannon" style manifold with almost the exact same dimensions. I personnaly run a TWM, for cleanance issues. I see postings all the time how "Cannon is junk":roll:, I can feel my jaw tense up everytime I read tha stuff. Happy trails! :D

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

National Dragster, May7, 2004, issue number 15 in the "Racing Technology" section pages 85-87, "Manifold Destiny-Part 2" written by Evan J. Smith; has a further discussion on manifold design. Nothing I haven't seen in books and from listening to old folks chat but it is a good breif summery. If nothing more it should get people asking questions next time they go into their local speed shop. I think it's an attribute for such publications to discuss issues like this as it is one of the most mis-understood parts of the engine. :D Happy trails.

Mike