HybridZ

Selecting a turbo... for RB25DET.

I've got some time on my hands to figure out what I want do.. so I'll pose this question to folks on here and see what your input is...

First off, if you don't know what I'm doing, here's pictures.. go look and come back:

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=116

Now.. I'm kind of at a loss with turbo selection. Obviously I'm going to want to upgrade that stock ceramic RB25DET turbo.. But I don't know how big of a turbo I want to go, or even if I will need to. What kind of turbo and sizes have you folks ran on your RB engines, how did you feel about their performance, and what advice might you have on coupling turbo sizes with the RB's?

Please let me clarify, I'm not asking how to pick a turbo, I'm asking for other people's personal experiences with RB's and upgraded turbo's. What worked for them and what didn't, etc. I have time like I said to figure out what I want to go with, so I am digging up info now.

Thanks in advance.

Dramier

Guest 81na ZX

People have put everything from ported stockers all the way to T-78s and bigger.

It all depends on your golas and plans: do you want a dyno queen? Make tons of horse power - from 7000-9000RPMs - a T-72 or bigger would be perfect!

You can make something like 350hp on the smaller 2 turbo options though...

I personally know on 3L Supras that rev lower, something in the T67 area spools decent and has 500hp+ potential. I have a friend with a SP57 (T57 sized from Sound Performance in Chicago) on a 7M that makes 480hp (Link)