HybridZ

slip yoke part#??

Thaniel

I am in need of a slip yoke that will fit a 350z 6 speed manual trans so I can have a custom drive shaft fabricated. I can not locate any info on what replacement part# (rockford, neapco, spicer) I might use. I was wondering if it would be the same as a 300z. However, I can not locate information for the 300z slip yoke either.

From my crude measuring the output shaft of the 350z is 32 spline aprox 34mm dia and around 126mm long. ID of the trans seal is around 44mm.

Do these dims match a 300z or any other? Any other suggestions?

Help anyone??

Your out in new territory here.

300ZX parts info doesn't list the yoke seperately.

http://www.300zx.lv/catalog/?gr=f&sec370

Propeller shaft assy 05/94- MT 37000-30P10 alternate part -VP010

You may be able to measure or try a 300ZXTT yoke at front half cut importer or salvage yard.

If 300zx prop shaft comes as an assy the 350Z will probably be the same.

Good luck. Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some info if anyone else is interested.

The 350z trans output shaft is a 32 spline and is not common to any of the older nissan vehicles.

The 350z has a "composite and plastic" drive shaft. The G35 has a steel drive shaft. The G35 sedan has a 2 piece driveshaft.

I bought a G35 sedan (6 speed manual) trans from a salvage yard. The u-joints are pressed in. No real surprize. The joints however appear to be worn already. Couldn't be more than a year or 2 old. I don't get it.

I have also been told the 2004 nissan Titan has the same slip yoke but with removable u-joints. According to my favorite nissan dealer the driveshaft is only sold as an assembly. I haven't found any in a salvage yard so I can't verify that it fits.

Basically anyone wanting to use a 350z trans in a swap I suggest figuring out what you are going to do on the driveshaft FIRST. It seems to be a problem. At least until more parts are available.

I'm sending what I have to a custom drive shaft shop to see what they can make out of what I have. I've got my fingers crossed.

Hi Thaniel

Glad to see that you have made some progress.

R34 Skyline uses a 6 speed Getrag but it probably has a Hi tech type driveshaft also!

S15 Silvias also use a 6 speed probably closely related to the 350Z.

Keep us posted Neil

I just happened to also be looking for a yoke for my oddball GM 5 speed trans. Its a 32 spline, 1.364" (34.6 mm) diam. (actual, common reference is 1 3/8") output shaft.

The yoke you seek might be fairly easy to find if my info is correct.

Look at the yokes for GM's TH-400, Muncie M-22 (Rock Crusher) 4-speed, and B&W (Super) T-10 4-speed, Lenco, Liberty, Jerico, G Force (Racing) 4 speed. Note a trend here? Heavy Duty Stuff. For a 1310 U-joint you'll want to look at Camaro / Firebird parts sources, unless you find a way of fitting 1330 U-joints at both ends.

Found it here:

http://store.trackerdesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Driveline

$200 for a "racing" part 1350 :shock: , but stock parts $5 - $20 at the JY or eBAY. $50 new from Denny's:

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/html/slip_yokes.html

• 1 month later...