HybridZ

So just how bad is this??

Ok guys after my fun run at trying to set my boost controller and visiting 18-20 psi several times on accident, i thought i should do a compression check.... all cylinders were at 145psi except for cylinder 5 which was at 125psi. I am also getting more blowby it seems, i already have alot but this is more then normal lol.

Last time i blew the piston lands i had a 90 psi reading. What do you guys think? Am i good to run it like this for a couple months?

I am hoping to go forged this summer when i get some money from working.

-Austin

Guest bastaad525

When I first put the turbo motor in, within a couple months I started having problems. First the head, a stuck valve for no apparent reason. Immediately after having the head gone thru and putting it back on, the motor started to smoke really badly. Burning oil in all six cylinders. I guess the rings were already on their last leg, and the small increase in compression from shaving the head was enough to start giving me blowby problems. Compression on all 6 was even, but low at about 125psi. I drove it like this for months before finally doing an in-car rebuild, and except for the bad headaches it would give me from the burning oil and the big clouds of smoke, there was no indication that anything was wrong.

The damn car even made good power, enough to walk away from a brand new 350Z convertible, while literally 'smoking' him ... poor guy had the top down and man was my car puffin all over him :D