HybridZ

Pinion flange angle

wheelman

I know this has been discussed and I did a search so don't roast me to badly but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

Here goes.

Does anyone know how much the pinion flange angle changes when the rubber bushings and/or washers from the top of the mustache bar mount are removed?

I'm going to swap out my R180 for an R200, how much will this change the pinion flange angle if at all?

I did a test fit of my drive train and was ready to start fabbing the tranny mount when I decided I'd better measure the angles. There was almost a 10* difference in the vertical plane, can't really measure the horizontal. So I dropped the back of the tranny, but it's lower than I want.

Right now the tranny points almost straight down the tunnel left to right. If I lower it I will want to push it to the right so the shifter will clear the hole. Am I correct in my understanding that the total drive line angle should be no more than 3*? I measured the distance from the output shaft to the pinion flange and it's 23 1/2". Is this longer than most and how much would it affect the allowed angle?

Wheelman

Guest quadcamZ

the angle should be between 3 and 6 degrees if you go less than 3 you will start to get vibrations from being to straight. direct from the guy that made my shaft and backed up by others.