HybridZ

Looking for a new R200 LSD if possible

Guest quadcamZ

Guest quadcamZ

it has been done before but i am in desperate need of a new diff. old one has a bent flage or pinion shaft.

i would consider any thing for my 260Z it has a lexus V8 so it deserves a Lsd but if all i can find is an open diff then that will do i am looking for a 3.7 or 3.5 gears.

Quaife, clutch pack, or open.

is it true that the R32 turbo ABS ran a long nose LSD clutch pack diff that can fit and all you need to do is swap axles from original and put them in left - right right - left in the new diff? does any one have one lying around??

Hi Quadcamz

You would be going to bend a pinion shaft , more likely a bent flange after your dyno experience, pull the flange and check shaft with dial gauge if you have access to one and get another flange if thats the problem.

You didn't say whether you are already running R200 or what drive shafts you have.

The following info relates to Australia.

3.7 is available in 79 280ZX man with early driveshafts.

3.9 in 82-83 280ZX man with CV driveshafts.

3.7 in Z31 Man-Auto you need 280ZX R200 CV driveshafts.

3.545 in Z31 Turbo you need 280ZX r200 CV driveshafts.

These are all open diffs that you would need to install LSD centre.

R32 Skyline are all shortnose requiring major mounting and driveshaft modification. R31 skyline import GTS, very rare, has independant rear which may have what you are refering to.

Some of the importers like Adelaide Jap may have an LSD longnose but usually in shorter ratios like 4.3.

Neil

Guest quadcamZ

I am running the stock R200 with stock half shafts. i have had the flange on the dial guage and it is 30 thow down on one corner. but i don't know if i am sure that the shaft is not bent as well.

what LSD centre can i install

Quadcamz

I would still pull the companion flange off and check shaft.

As to LSD centres it depends on your budget, clutch type you have got a couple of US companies then Nismo, Kaaz, Cusco, with different types, clutch sizes and breakaway. Then Quaife in a helical type at about AU$2000+. Make sure you quote model, year and ring bolt size when ordering.

Adelaidejap currently listing a 4.4 Viscous R31 on their website have previously had clutch type; note these are used so you dont Know condition.

Check Parts Peddler mag for other importers that may be closer to you and easier to talk to. Neil

Quadcamz

You can also use the Z31 turbo birfield type shafts ( not available in aus) with an outer flange conversion, a variation on the link you posted.

You can convert shortened 200sx-240SX axles with the 200SX-240SX inner tripod CV and an outer 280ZX-Z31 outer tripod CV with outer tripod style companion flange. For use with Viscous LSD centre.

Ive done the drawings for adapters for either end and axles but due to health issues I haven't achieved much in the last 4 months. When Ive assembled the S13 viscous centre in the long nose housing and completed and trialled the axle conversion I will detail it in this forum.

Sorry for the suspense but life never goes the way you want. Neil

Guest zline

Quadcamz

this will solve your LSD problems

get a late model (87-89) turbo 300zx LSD, fit some new 1.75 friction/spring plates into it, you can put upto 14

then source a 200SX S12 turbo rear carrier (this is 12mm) it has a 4.11 ring and pinion but will swap with any nissan r&p

then you can use the 280ZXT CV joint axles

enjoy.

I would also consider putting a R32 GT-R LSD into the 200SX case..

Guest quadcamZ

Zline

what are the chances of you sourcing those parts i might be able to organize som reasonable freight.

machiened my pinion flange true only to prove the shaft is bent

so i am still keen if any one has something in their back yard that can help i am still looking.

Guest zline
Zline

what are the chances of you sourcing those parts i might be able to organize som reasonable freight.

machiened my pinion flange true only to prove the shaft is bent

so i am still keen if any one has something in their back yard that can help i am still looking.

i can look but not promise anything

kouki z31 turbo lsd is pretty rare

you'll ahve a better chance on Yahoo Japan just go to the clutch/differential/drivetrain section and search for Z31 usually 5-10 come upf or pretty cheap.

Guest quadcamZ

ARb make a air locker for a r200 they list it as out of a c200 these retail for something like $1100 which is what you would pay for a clutch pack LSD if they fit they would make a great weekend warrior diff.

Any sujestions on if they would fit are welcome.

they make them for r200A and C200 check out their web page http://www.arb.com.au/

they make them in 29 or 31 splines 30.4 mm or 32mm what does a stock r200 out of a 260z run

i have a mate who works there he said if i had a diff in melbourne he could test fit a centre so if any one has a r200 pulled apart in melbourne

PM me and i might be able to organize a test fit i am interested if it fits.

Guest zline

dont think that works

you could use a

A31/C33/S13/S14/Y32 diff case, open or viscous

A31/C33/S13/S14/Y32 output flanges, open or viscous, if you run open flanges on viscous, you need to shave the right hand flange down to the left hand flange length

A31/C33/S13/S14/Y32 ANY CLUTCH TYPE LSD, KAAZ, Cusco, whatever.

Then use the proper output shaft for your car

BAM