HybridZ

Which aftermarket clutch for 280ZXT?

aarang

I have been doing alot of research on this site and others about what clutch would be good for my 280ZXT. After a year of having the drivetrain out of the car, it is finally time to start reassembly! The car will be mostly street driven with some track time later. Seeing how I will be pushing about 350HP and about 400ft lbs of torque ( maybe more later!) with my setup, I have come down to 3 clutches. I was hoping for the magical combo of easy drivability and good capacity coupled with longevity. I know the 280ZXT is about 500lbs heavier than a 240, so I was wondering what people were using in their 280zx's and their impressions. I know nothing of the carbon kevlar clutch and wether or not it will chew up my flywheel like a ceramic clutch. I don't want to go to a puck style clutch if I can help it. I think I am leaning more to the SPEC carbon/kevlar as the price is right, and the capacity is higher than the other two. Here is what I was looking at;

Spec clutch #SN321 stg I (organic friction plate)

Spec clutch #SN322 stg II( carbon kevlar)

ACT NX2-HDSS /HD pressure plate and clutch

Any help/ comments/ opinions appreciated! :D

Thanks

Aaron