HybridZ

Ford Mustang headlights

RPMS

I know this sounds funky, but hear me out.

A late model (1999-2003) Mustang got into a wreck near my house, and an almost perfect headlight assembly was "extracted" from the car. A couple of the mounting posts were broken off and I knew it wouldn't be useable for its intended purpose, so I collected it. Don't ask me why, I just did.

I got to looking at it, and I got creative. Turning it upside down, it looks like it would fit PERFECTLY under the bumper of the Z, replacing the stock 240/260 turn signal lamp. Of course the Mustang unit wouldn't work properly as a headlight anymore, but I'll bet it could be turned into a driving light with very little work. The curvature looks like it's almost an exact fit, and the corner marker lamps would still perform their intended function. It's beyond my abilities, but I'll bet someone with fabrication and fiberglassing skills could work magic with them, perhaps integrating them into an airdam.

What do y'all think? Does anyone with Photoshopping skillz want to take a crack at mocking this up?

Yeah, that would be one problem, but I don't think it would be a big deal to take the little metal "hat" out of the headlight, the one that keeps your lights from blinding oncoming drivers, and expose the entire bulb. It wouldn't be good for anything but a driving light, but it might work...