HybridZ

Turbo 350 Kickdown Cable H/U on Holley Carb

Guest 77vegasz

Guest 77vegasz

I recently changed out my trans due to the death of my 700R4. I got a great deal on a rebuilt Turbo 350. I know all the negative aspects of the 350, but funding determines all.

The 350 came with a generic kickdown cable and no instructions. Does any one out there have a picture of their Turbo 350 kickdown set up on a Holley carb? This would be very helpfull.

Yes I did serch the archives and did not find what I need on this.

Thanks,

Jon

I fabricated my kickdown setup by going to the boneyard, and getting what was needed from an auto with a quadrojet and a Turbo 350.

I got the male don't know what it is called 'bolt' with a ball on end that snaps into kickdown cable, it adheres to the carb seems to me the Quadrojet is threaded for this 'bolt', but it's been so long I can't remember. I do know I needed to open a hole up on the double pumper throttle plate, and hold it on with a nut. Also while scavaging I got the bracket that bolts to the head via the intake manifold bolts, it hold's the kickdown cable so as the throttle cable pulls the car open the lower section pulls the kickdown the opposite direction.

I did fine 'tuning' hahaha with a vise, hammer etc to allow the carb to reach full throttle, but not overly strain the kickdown cable. There are still alot of cars in boneyards say a 70's chevy should definately have what you need, and if nothing else show you what I tried to explain in words.

Good luck

Guest 77vegasz

Thanks Jack. I need to hit the boneyard this weekend anyway. My wiper motro took a dump, and I do not feel like paying 300 for a new one!

Jon