HybridZ

i got ripped!

Guest tejas74260

Guest tejas74260

i just realized in the last few weeks that the man i had bought my 74 260z from had either been decieved by the previous owner or lied to me about it, but he said that the original color that was on my car was the mexican orange (paint code 918) and that is what currently on it. i recently was educated in datsun paint codes and found out two things, my paint was originally red (paint code 110) and the mexican orange was only available 71-73 models. with that said, does anyone have a site with the paint chip of this color so i can order it when i get my car repainted (lots of bubbles :cry: ) any info would be great. thanks.

Mark

I think that you're right about the 918 mexican orange not being avail in 74. My 260 was white when I changed it to orange. Used the factory color and BTW your car looks spot on for the factory color. Can't be sure because I'm only looking at a pic

Guest tejas74260

i dont know, ive never really thought of my car as being red, man who knows, the guy i bought it from isnt answering emails and (well, they arent working) so i dunno. color looks nice, but i need a match so i can know what color to repaint it. so do you guys think its the orange or red?

Guest tejas74260

alright, correction. luckily, my car still has a lot of its original paperwork. i phoned the original owner (err his wife, he passed away 8 years ago) and she had told me that the car was supposed to be red, but its always had that orange tint to it. ok, i guess problem solved. thanks anyway guys.

Mark

Guest mperdue

Hey Guys,

The paintcodes gallery listed above is my site. It's not complete obviously but I'm working on it. There is evidence out there that 110 Red was used throughout the S30 Series (from '71 on - '70 to early '71 used 905 Red). For example, there's a very nice original '78 280Z on Ebay now which I have verified is an original 110 Red. I still don't know for sure if 110 was used for all years of the 280Z so I'm looking around for more examples. From HIWAY's info I now know 110 was used in '74 so most likely it carried through to '78. Anyway, I hope this info helps.

Michael