HybridZ

Rear Brake Question

Hi guys,

I'am doing the 280zx/maxima bracket rear conversion on my 260z. I found a gentlemen who is parting an 83zx and I wanted to know if I need the original mounting bracket that holds the caliper body or does the maxima bracket replaces that piece.

Thanks.

You do not need the original caliper mounting bracket off the '83, the Maxima bracket (a.k.a. "adapter caliper") replaces it. If the '83 is a turbo, you should see if you can get the CV's off of it too :wink:

Just out of curiosity, did you get your Maxima brackets from a junk yard or did you buy them from the dealer?

!M!

Hi Mat :)

I put an add in the classified and I got a couple of response to buy them, are they available at the dealer?

I doubt that 83zx is a turbo and if it is, I'll try to get the cv joints if you want them, I owe you at least that. By the way, do you have the center valence piece, mine was so rotten I threw it out. :2thumbs:

Hi Mat :)

I put an add in the classified and I got a couple of response to buy them' date=' are they available at the dealer?

I doubt that 83zx is a turbo and if it is, I'll try to get the cv joints if you want them, I owe you at least that. By the way, do you have the center valence piece, mine was so rotten I threw it out. :2thumbs:[/quote']

I'm not sure if the brackets are available at the dealer anymore. I bought mine at a local dealer a few years back and the counter guy knew exactly what I was using them for. He also said that there was no backorder of any kind at the time. I refered a handfull of people to this dealer with great success.

About the CV's (if the car has them), I was thinking that you might want them. But if the shipping isn't to bad, and the price for them isn't sky high, then I could use a back up set.

The center valence piece off my Z was pretty shot. It had a lot of holes in it and it also took the brunt of a raccoon hit, so it was creased and dented. I just threw it out.

Oh, just so you know, the money that you paid when the delivery guy dropped off those parts didn't go to me for shipping, they went to fee's for bringing in that stuff to Canada.

!M!

Guest 2002sentraSER

what hold the pads from falling out of the caliper and off of the rotor is that the maxima bracket and if so from what year because i will order it from the parts store

what hold the pads from falling out of the caliper and off of the rotor is that the maxima bracket and if so from what year because i will order it from the parts store

There are 2 thin metal retainers that slide into the caliper along with the brake pads. I'm not sure what they are called, maybe "brake pad retainers"? You get them when you buy a loaded caliper from the parts store.

!M!