HybridZ

coupe vs 2+2 dinmentions

Guest 78sbc280z

Guest 78sbc280z
:?: can any one tell me the differance in dimentions between a 2 seater and a 2+2 280 jegs has a chassis kit for a 78 2+2 280 but i have a coupe and am looking in to it but want to make sure it wont be too hard to modify the kit to make it work

• 2 weeks later...

The only difference I am aware of that addresses your question, is the 2+2 is @ 6-8 inches longer.

The driveshafts between the two differ by 11.8 inches for the 75 models and 11.82 inches for the 76-78 models.

The wheelbase for the coupe is 90.7 inches and the wheelbase for the 2+2 is 102.6; a difference of 11.9 inches.

The coupe and 2+2 body both share the same components from the front door pillars forward while the body differs from the rear door pillar backwards by 8-12 inches due to the 2+2's rear seat and pop-out side vent windows.

Hope this helps.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Another oddity, 2+2 and coupe windshields do not interchange. One or the other is about a 1/4" smaller in all directions. I varified this with multiple windshields too, I just can't remember which one was smaller, though I believe it was the 2+2 windshield that was smaller.