HybridZ

350Z JGTC race engine

Guest POKINATCHA

Guest POKINATCHA

I saw an article the other day on the 350Z race car that Nissan is going to campaign in the JGTC this coming season, and saw that it's engine is designed aroung the VQ30DET (same bore/stroke dimensions). Sothat got me wondering about the production engine. Does anybody have any good info on the J-spec VQ30DET, such as the quality of the internals and turbo, whether or not it uses direct injection, etc.?

Guest z1 performance

its basically a built 300 ZX TT engine bored to 3.2 liters and fitted with the best NISMO can muster under the rules

The motor came out of the Cedric. All alloy, Dohc, ect. Similar to the 350z motor except 3.0L. It is single turbo. It is pretty tall however, I can look up the size later. It was the motor that is used in the Top Secret??? top speed car with something like 700 hp (stroked). But that is about all i know so far.

Matt

Guest Marshall
its basically a built 300 ZX TT engine bored to 3.2 liters and fitted with the best NISMO can muster under the rules

The VQ and the VG in the Z32 are totally different engines with hardly any interchangeable parts. VG is iron block, VQ is aluminum, and everything else is different also.

The VQ and the VG in the Z32 are totally different engines with hardly any interchangeable parts. VG is iron block' date=' VQ is aluminum, and everything else is different also.[/quote']

Yep they are very different.