HybridZ

carbon canister?

Guest HolyLlama

It collects fuel vapors from the gas tanks and sends them into the intake manifold, so it's fairly nonessential. I pulled it off my engine and plugged the hoses and it ran fine.

Guest HolyLlama

If by air regulator you mean air flow meter then no, if you could find or rig an aftermarket cold air intake system that replaces the air intake up to the throttle body, then yes. The AFM is tells the ECU how much gas to send to the engine, so if the AFM isn't hooked up, the ECU doesn't know how much gas to send. From expecience, I know if the AFM is disconnected, the engine dies, I assume the ECU doesn't send any gas at all, but I don't know too much about fuel injection. I do know on an NA engine just about everything on the intake manifold (except the throttle body) can be removed and plugged with little or no consequences. The only thing I'm not sure of is if it will affect the AC, I know some lines off the intake run back to the AC, but my AC doesn't work, so I wouldn't know if the AC stopped working with certain lines disconnected.