HybridZ

For the 280zx to 300zx ecu swap pros:

Guest 2slo4u

Guest 2slo4u

Well I'm now the proud new owner of a fried 300zx turbo computer and who knows if the mass airflow sensor is any good. :cry:

Spent the entire day looking through various salvage yards in Texas to find only one ecu and mass airflow sensor for my 280zx ecu swap. At least I didn't pay what the guy originally asked for the d@mn thing. While at a salvage yard I was familiar with, they told me they didn't have the ecu or the mas and referred me to another place. They would have given them both to me for 100 bucks. Well the guy at the other yard wanted 100 just for the ecu and fifty for the mas. They told me he would work with me and he did, but only down to $125. Of course those private owned places usually don't give warranties on any electronic parts so I'm sure I'm stuck with it. There are two transistors fried inside and a diode also. I can't even read the numbers on the transistors. He also has the distributor shaft off of an 83 turbo but I have to go back another day early in the morning when it is slow.(At least the shaft can't be fried)

I guess I should have known I'd be wasting more money than I should actually need to get this swap completed. Maybe because I could complete the entire rewire job in about two hours, it's going to take months to actually get working parts for the swap, ha ha.

The guy only had one turbo300zx ecu and I got it so I'm sure he's not going to be able to help. By the time I actually find a working ecu I can probably afford a brand new one. Man, what crappy luck! Maybe I should just save the gas money and just by new friggin' stuff, I'm sure some people could.

81zxturbo rustybutruns d@mn :roll: