HybridZ

New project website

Guest VETTETEK

Guest VETTETEK
Originally posted by silicone boy:

Wonderful job so far. What is that fuel injection unit. It looks like my electromotive setup only without the direct fire ignition.

Its a Holley Pro Jection 2. We are going to get the commander computer for it, because I heard its ALOT easier to program...plus you can adjust it on the fly!

Jeff

Guest Ziggy Vulcan

Awesome!! hail.gifhail.gif

Love the custom frame! 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

Is it possible on a frame like that to make the rear frame narrower and make the wheel wells deeper to accomodate really deep dish tires?

jwelch, what kind of wing do you have in that pic in your sig? It's sweet lookin with the window louvers! What kind are those too?

Hopefully, if I ever get a 240, I want to do a custom frame like that with the narrow rear end, and a wing a window louvers like jwelch's. Among a million other things. :rolleyes:

Now all I need is a job... :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

You have a nice project going there. I have been thinking of adapting the Corvette suspension on to my 240Z. Now thanks to you I have found a way to do it. I just got to order a new frame from it. I am using the suspension and drivetrain from a 1990 ZR1 for my 240Z. I was wondering how much you narrowed the front end and if you narrowed the rear end?

Guest VETTETEK

Thanks for the complements. Actually King Cobra, the front and rear track widths ARE at stock width. Whisch makes for an interesting time getting the right size flare kit! Thankfully mine fit ok...a couple things will need to be "trimmed and adjusted", but it'll be ok.

Art Morrison does offer to narrow the front and the rear, but I personally didnt like the idea of changing the geometry. that would have meant custom rear links, halveshafts, and swaybars. And I wanst too happy with the potential for binding. Im sure it would have been fine, but even the frame engineer reccomended to stay with the stock track..if I could.

Jeff