HybridZ

280ZX w/ 350/T5 for sale

labrat

Guest bastaad525

jesus chr... my god man $2500????

can no one just loan this guy $2500 and maybe use the title to his Z for collateral??? I know there are some members here who wouldn't hurt to part with that much money for a while..... and no unfortunately I'm not one of them :( having just put $2000 down on this Sentra I just bought, but I swear I would if I could...

well I hope maybe someone can help you out in some way... letting it go that cheap is... man I don't even know the word. If you got a full month... well slow down a bit maybe there's something, some way you can get that money w/o GIVING your car away... 30 days dude... the car is worth way more than $2500, I'm sure someone wouldn't mind loaning you the cash with something of that much value for collateral. Hell I'm usually broke as a joke but I dont even consider $2500 to be a lot of money.

Thanks bastaad, but I'm really just getting tired of wrenching on this thing. It's been 3 years (look at my member join date) and I kinda want my life back. the $2500.00 asking price is for HybridZ members only, locally I'm askin 3K.

If anyone is thinking about starting a hybridz project, this is a great place to start. All mount issues, etc. have been resolved. Car drives great, and sounds MEAN. Dual 2" off manifolds into single 3" (behind tranny) with center in/out 50 series flowmaster. This car turns heads at every stoplight. It just needs some "taming" to give it better street manners.

Bill

Guest the_dj

Hey, I'm in Austin. I'd like to meet up with you tonight around 8:30. I have work where I can't be on HZ...reach me at sam@arlut.utexas.edu.

Edit: Were you on Burnet road right near ARL (Pickle Research) a week or two ago around 10:30am? I was in the left turn lane and saw a Z turn right and was SURE I heard a smallblock. I was on the phone with dad saying "Guess what just drive by??" before I even made that turn.

Sam

well, I don't drive the car much, so I don't think so, but meeting up won't be a problem. I live off parmer and anderson mill way up north. I don't really wanna drive the car anywhere far, as it isn't street legal right now. Around the block or so isn't a problem, though.

gimme a call on my cell at 689-9306

Guest the_dj

Bill,

Your baby will be well taken care of, don't worry. :)

I hope you get everything worked out and get the chance to finish your other project that is sure to bring a whole busload more smiles to your face. I wish you the best of luck in all that lies ahead.

Thank you,

Sam

Guest bastaad525

repeat: the_dj, I envy you like you would NOT believe.....

*sigh* will someone close by to me PLEASE decide to sell a car like this for some crazy low price like this... oh and do it when I have the money handy PLEASE??? :cry:

well, a quick update...

The judge let me off lightly, and I had a little bit of the Z money left, so I used it as a down payment and traded in my 99 miata on....

A brand new 2004 Dodge SRT-4

WOW! This is a nice, refined, quiet car with a nice cd player and a backseat, and I think it's faster than the Z was! This is definitely the only replacement for the Z I could find for under 30K. And it has a 7/70 warranty. Life is good!

Guest RCNSC

SRT = The ONLY FWD car I'd buy.

WHat color ya get? Did you get any of the little tuning packages or whatever?

I still want to turn one into a sleeper. Spray the IC black, take off the ugly wing, get a custom exhaust with one tip, stock neon front bumper and some low key rims... you got a sweet sleeper.

I got the black one, I thought it looked the best.

The only performance part I got with it was the Mopar blow-off valve, and I haven't even installed it yet. Gonna wait till 1500 mile break in period is over (prolly by friday).

The great thing about this car is the "aftermarket' support from Mopar performance parts. WOW! Anything you would want to buy aftermarket, they offer. And it doesn't void the factory 7/70 powertrain warranty.

Anyway, I think this was the way to go. I'm kinda tired of wrenching all the time (plus I still have a broke down mustang...) and this will give me a fast car without the headaches involved in a high-maintenance engine swapped Z.