HybridZ

Clutch Fork travel

74.5 347Z

I Installed a 7/8" pull type slave cylinder thru the hole in the bellhousing and installed a stock 5/8" MC. The travel of the clutch fork is just over the ".375" was written on one of the post I found from some time ago.

Can someone please verify that the clutch will disengage with only 3/8" of travel?

Here is a pic of my install:

normal_Datsun%20July%202004%20015.jpg

Engine looks great.. One way to check the clutch engagement is to put the car in gear, depress the clutch and have a buddy try to spin the rear wheels manually. If they will turn the clutch is OK.

Keep us updated on the installation.

Adios Amigos,

That would work if I had a driveshaft and axles. Sorry for the deceiving photo. Here is one of the entire car.

Datsun%20July%202004%20024.jpg

I was hoping that someone knew for sure that that would be enough travel, or if someone knew the make and model of a car that has a bigger master cylinder.

Mark

3/8" doesn't sound like enough throw to disengage the clutch. My setup, a Wilwood pulling slave and Tilton 1" master, throws about 1/2". This works well but I have been told by Wilwood that this may be too much master cylinder for the slave. The Tilton master cylinders are very easy to install into a Datsun with only one minor modification...the clevis needs to be fitted to the Datsun pedal. Installing the Tilton master seemed like a bolt in after getting the Ford engine in the car. These master cylinders are about $60 from any race shop.

Mark,

Do you have a yoke that will fit on the output shaft of the trans? If you do see if it will turn with the clutch in.

I originally had an Aluminum Buick V-8 in my Z with the Datsun 5sp. a conversion by D&D fab. I ended up changing it out because of the constant struggle with the hydraulic clutch. That was about 15yrs. ago so hopefully there are solutions to these problems now.

Adios Amigos,