HybridZ

mounts to install EFI 302 W/ T5 into 71' 240z

Guest Chiznad9

Guest Chiznad9

I've got a 71' 240Z, and I want to install an EFI 302 W/T5 from an 89 mustang GT. I haven't really tried my hand at fabricating the mounts and I know it would take forever, so I was wondering where I could purchase everything to make this swap happen.

Search for posts from a member here that goes by alsil. Send him an email asking about his crossmember/motor mount for SBF into a Z. He sells them for about $125.00 I believe. I'm not sure he still makes them but they are very high quality and pretty much take care of the motor mount aspects of the Ford 5.0 install. You'll still need to deal with the tranny but you can use the JTR (jagsthatrun.com) crossmember for that or fab something of your own.

Welcome to HybridZ and good luck with your project.

Wheelman

Here is a link to one of the many discussions about engine placement using the Ford EFI intake: http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24881&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I had to change alsils mount to gain intake clearance because I used the GT-40 intake. If you are willing to use a cowl induction scoop you may be able to use alsils mount without modification. Either way you will have to add at least one U-joint, I had to add two.

Best advice is to read thru all the post in this section and a lot of your questions will be answered.

Mark