HybridZ

2004R or T5 Can 200r4 be manually shifted?

Guest Mysticle31

Guest Mysticle31

Alright, So I've been poking around. Found many answers to questions, of cource. I was told to search, and in my searched 'answer' threads; told to search :P

Anyhow, This one I havn't found. Many people site the benifits of the Auto vs Manual in 99.5 precent of situations. Manual has lots of fun in the twisties and road race. I'm wondering if it's possible to rig up some device, or trick the tranny into downshifting (or upshifting) at the push of a button? And can still have it auto when I want it? It'd save a bit of time, and be way fun. rather then just mash the gas and let it's slow self downshift.?

Also, What's a stall converter?

(I'm only looking for say 350HP so I don't need a big badd tranny. I've found that 350 is a safe number on the T5 (WC)/2004R. And also seems to be the point where I have to do some more seriorus frame stiffing mods to a 240Z would you deam this true?)

Guest 77vegasz

Go to bmracing.com That is B&M's official web site. They make full manual trans kits for a number of trannys. If anyone has it, it would be here.

Jon

Guest Mysticle31

With that site. I'm in a whole new world. Ratchet shifters? Shifters?

Something that can still work as auto, and the auto will shift when I'm run out of powerband. But I can shift it manually if I want to?